A big round-up of links this week...
My college library has launched its nice new website, with some cool features, including regular news and updates about new theology books (e.g. a feature on the library's 1599 Geneva Bible, and a feature on Australian mission in Korea). The library has also started its own online review: e-Theo: Book Reviews for Mind and Ministry.
- What religion should you follow? Here's a handy flowchart to help you decide
- In praise of Bob Dylan's new Christmas album. (I would buy an album of Bob Dylan breathing heavily – so why not a Christmas album too?)
- The power of religion in the public square
- Some visceral responses to "analytic theology". This is a comment on Oliver Crisp's new edited collection, Analytic Theology, which I'm reading at the moment – together with his new book on christology, God Incarnate.
- In New Zealand, there is a new indigenous confession of faith
- Stop calling it a "community of faith", start calling it "church". (I say: Amen!)
- A very informative post about the new German postmodern Christianity
- A forthcoming book event on Goodchild's Theology of Money. (Confession: I still haven't gotten around to reading this one.)
- And a blogged book discussion too: I reckon this is a great idea. Should we do something like this at F&T some time?
- God said it. I interpreted it. That doesn't exactly settle it.
- Reading Bonhoeffer is good for your soul
- Evangelicals and Catholics Together with a statement on Mary
- (Not all) Evangelicals and Catholics together
- Evangelical universalism: a postscript by Kim
- Jaroslav Pelikan audio lecture on the need for creeds
- Paul Griffiths: why it would be better for the church to live under an Islamic state than under liberal democracy
- Tom Wright invites Pope Benedict
- Tragedy and comedy: a review of Milbank and Žižek
- The full transcript of an interview with Žižek
- Hans Küng on the Vatican's recent ecumenical skullduggery
- A video of James Cone, on "success" in the black church
- James K. A. Smith on the tyranny of email
- Call for papers: mission and ecumenics
- And finally, I leave you with a link to what may be the most fantabulously cool peer-reviewed journal in existence: GOLEM: Journal of Religion and Monsters. Looks like I've finally found a place to submit my essay on the theology of Tom Waits...
No comments:
Post a Comment