- Some poignant autobiographical reflections on the pathology of theology: “I believe I’ve found something out about myself that I’ve always secretly feared: Theology isn’t fundamentally a noble exercise.”
- Unhappy booksellers at AAR (things would have been different if I had made it to AAR...)
- What makes for an adequate ecclesiology?
- Blumenberg and Schmitt
- Violence and Christian anarchism. This reminds me of a conversation about pacifism with some Barthian friends at the pub last night: I agreed with them that the world is irreducibly violent – but when I concluded my argument by appealing to “the church” as the inbreaking of peace, I was greeted with a roar of laughter! (I take this to be an indictment not of my ecclesiology but of the church’s apostasy...)
- Another new book from Australia’s most prolific scholar
- A series of posts on the people of God in the Book of Revelation
- A series responding to Nate Kerr’s book
- Call for papers: Foucault and St Paul
- A short film inspired by one of Tom Waits’ songs
- Benedict XVI on religion and culture
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Around the traps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment